Note: Lincoln Seymour’s final show as Billy in Billy Elliot the Musical (BETM) in Chicago, IL presented by Porchlight Music Theatre, was on December 30, 2017.
Debut: October 7, 2017 (Chicago, IL)
Total Performances as Billy: 31 (No partial shows)
His education has been at the Abraham Lincoln Elementary School, a Chicago public school that has a K-8 curriculum and is recognized as a model school within the Chicago Public Schools system. Among the many activities Lincoln has been involved with at the school is the school choir and the Acappella group.
Lincoln has extensive dance training at dance studios that include:
- All About Dance Company (Aug 2010 to present) Hip-Hop, Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Contemporary and Tap
- Ruth Page Center for the Arts (Oct 2015 to present) Ballet
From 2015 until the present, Lincoln has studied gymnastics with IK Gymnastics.
In addition, Lincoln has done modelling, promo shoots, videos and personal appearances for Chicago Dance Supply.
His many dance accomplishments have led to multiple awards and scholarships. Here’s just a few:
- West Coast Dance Explosion Elite Dancer (2017)
- Mr. Starpower Title Champion (2017)
- Selected as one of Tomorrow’s Choreographers at the Dancers Awareness Project (2017)
- Dance Awards – New York (2015) – solo for best junior dancer. Here’s a video clip of one of his performances in that event:
Credit: Video by CarmoDance
Lincoln’s prior experience in the theater includes dancing the role of Boy Lead in the Chicago Dance Crash Theater performance of Tron.
When it became known that Porchlight Music Theatre had decided to present BETM, one of Lincoln’s dance instructors suggested he audition. Having been cast in the lead role of Billy, along with Jacob Kaiser, Lincoln began a six-day Billy Intensive Camp at Porchlight. The entire cast came together for full blown rehearsals beginning on September 5, 2017, six days a week until the show opened on October 6th.
Upon his debut on October 7, 2017 in Chicago, Lincoln became the 225th boy to portray Billy in a professional, US/Canadian regional or community theatre production of BETM.
For more information about Lincoln, visit: