Note: Liam Vincent Hutt’s final show as Billy in Billy Elliot the Musical (BETM) in East Haddam, CT, presented by Goodspeed Musicals, was on November 23, 2019.
Debut: September 13, 2019 (East Haddam, CT)
Total Performances as Billy: 43 (No partial shows)
Liam Vincent Hutt was 13 years old (D.O.B. = 1-Jul-2006) when he made his debut as Billy Elliot. He is from Fort Myers, FL. His academic skills are acquired via a virtual school (online) where he studies as an 8th grade student.
Liam’s performing education has included the following:
- Gulfshore Ballet (Ballet Level 6)
- Robin Dawn Dance (All forms of dance)
- Miss Kelly’s Dance (all forms of dance)
Liam also attended the 2018 Summer Intensive presented by Joffrey Ballet in NYC.
Vocal training has included the following in 2018:
- Lynn Martindale Vocals (Ft. Myers, FL)
- Magaziner Vocals (NY)
Though this video clip was recorded two years ago at the 2017 Cultural Park Awards Show, it’s presented here as it showcases both Liam’s acting skills and especially his fine singing voice:
Credit: Video by Vincent Hutt
Liam’s prior recent theatrical experience includes:
- Michael in the national tour of Elf The Musical (2018)
- Ensemble in Wizard of Oz (2018 at Cultural Park Theater — Cape Coral, FL)
- Boy Soprano in Cabaret (2018 at Florida Repertory Theatre — Ft. Myers, FL)
- Ensemble in Evita (2018 at Broadway Palm Theater — Ft. Myers, FL)
- Colin Craven in The Secret Garden (2018 at Theater Zone — Naples, FL)
- Young Eric in Phantom (2017 at Broadway Palm Theater — Ft. Myers, FL)
- Michael in Mary Poppins (2017 at Broadway Palm Theater — Ft. Myers, FL)
- JoJo in Seussical (2017 at Cultural Park Theater — Cape Coral, FL)
To get a flavor for Liam’s dance skills, here’s a brief video he fully produced himself, including the choreography:
Liam also has some work in front of the camera having appeared on the Travel Channel in a program called Big Time RV.
Billy Elliot The Musical at Goodspeed Musicals
Liam got notification of auditions for BETM and attended them. He relates that the audition was quite long with lots of dancing, singing and the running of lines. He states, “It was a great experience and I met some really nice people”.
Once he received word that he had been cast in the show as one of two Billys, rehearsals began on 12-Aug-2019 and were held six days a week right up until the opening week of the show.
When he debuts as Billy at Goodspeed Musicals, Liam becomes the 277th boy to bring the title role to life in a professional, regional or community theatre production of the musical.
For more information about Liam visit: