Note: Tancredi di Marco’s final show as Billy in the 2018 Italian Tour of Billy Elliot the Musical (BETM) was on May 16, 2018.
Debut: March 15, 2018 (Milan, Italy)
Total Performances as Billy: 35 (No partial shows)
Tancredi first began dancing when he was four years old, starting with street dance, including hip hop and breakdancing. In 2013 he had his first experience of musical theatre and this led him to widen his repertoire to include ballet, modern dance, tap, acting and singing.
Since 2016 Tancredi has been a student at the Accademia Teatro Sistina in Rome, which is a performing arts academy for young people aged 8 to 16 that provides a range of musical theatre training courses. The academy was conceived and is directed by Massimo Romeo Piparo, who also owns Peep Arrow, which is the production company that produces BETM in Italy.
At the academy Tancredi has trained in a huge variety of skills under the direction of many professional teachers, including:
- Tap (Marco Rea)
- Music and singing (Emanuele Friello, Tia Architto, Carlo Alberto Gioja)
- Classical dance (Claudia Scimonelli)
- Contemporary dance (Rachele Pacifici, Francesca Zaccherini)
- Acting (Massimo Romeo Piparo, Andrea Palotto)
- Diction (Cristina Noci)
- Circus skills and clowning (Paolo Scannavino)
- Hip hop (Ilenja Rossi, Daniele Rapagnà)
- Elements of scenography (Teresa Caruso)
Tancredi is also a pupil at Danza & Danza in Syracuse directed by Antonella Crucitti, where he has taken classes in a variety of dance styles. Furthermore, he has attended theatre courses at the Accademia d’Arte del Dramma Antico (Academy of Ancient Drama Art) in Syracuse.
Since his first theatre production in 2013, Tancredi has racked up numerous performing credits. Here are just some highlights from his impressive CV:
- 2013: Flying Carpet in Aladdin (Teatro Vasquez, Syracuse)
- 2014-15: Timothy and Orfanello in Little Annie (Teatro Vasquez, Syracuse)
- 2016: Eumelo in Euripide’s Alceste (Greek Theatre of Syracuse/INDA Foundation)
- 2016: Children’s Choir in Evita directed by Massimo Romeo Piparo (Teatro Sistina, Rome)
- 2016: Performer with Mario Incudine for World Refugee Day (Greek Theatre of Syracuse)
- 2017: Performer with the Accademia il Sistina at Il Cassetto dei Ricordi: charity evening (Teatro Sistina, Rome)
- 2017: Performer in Blue Line (Produzione RAI 1)
- 2017: Accademia Teatro Sistina’s production of Mamma Mia: School Edition directed by Massimo Romeo Piparo (Teatro Sistina, Rome)
Tancredi’s introduction to the Italian production of BETM was when he got to perform in a special Billy Elliot dance presentation in 2016 at the Teatro Sistina in Rome with the Accademia Teatro Sistina. For this performance Tancredi and other students at the academy were joined by the current Michael on the tour – Christian Roberto.
Two years on, Tancredi successfully auditioned to star as Billy in the third tour of BETM in Italy. Tancredi’s debut performance as Billy Elliot on 15-Mar-2018 makes him the 240th actor worldwide to play the role in a professional, regional or community theatre production of the musical.
For more information about Tancredi visit: