Note: William Moss’s final show as Billy in Billy Elliot the Musical (BETM) in Boca Raton, FL, presented by Showtime Performing Arts Theatre, was on October 19, 2019.
Debut: September 21, 2019 (Boca Raton, FL)
Total Performances as Billy: 3 (No partial shows)
William Moss was 11 years old (d.o.b. = 16-Apr-2008) upon his debut as Billy. He gets his academic education from Saint Andrew’s School in Boca Raton — where his family resides — right in the same city as Showtime Performing Arts Theatre.
In addition to his dance and stage performance interests, William has also taken six years of violin lessons.
With regard to William’s performance training, he’s received the following instruction:
- Two years of private lessons in ballet, tap and modern dance (Saint Andrew’s School & Showtime Performing Arts – both in Boca Raton)
- Master classes in dance for musical theatre (Broadway Artists Alliance & The Broadway Experience — both in NYC)
- Two years of private voice lessons from various sources
Lessons from the following sources:
- Showtime Performing Arts Theatre
- Broadway Artists Alliance
- The Broadway Experience
William’s previous theatrical performing experience includes:
At Showtime Performing Arts Theatre
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (Leaf Coneybear)
- Beauty and the Beast, Jr. (Cogsworth)
- Matilda The Musical (Rudolpho)
- Annie Warbucks (Franklin Delano Roosevelt)
- Elf the Musical (Michael Hobbs)
At Saints Andrew’s School
- Aladdin, Jr. (Babkak)
- The Wizard of Oz (Niko)
William has also danced in the Saint Andrew’s School productions of West Side Story Ballet and HERcules Ballet.
At Pine Crest Fine Arts Camp
- Madagascar (Mason)
- 101 Dalmatians (Boxer)
Billy Elliot The Musical
After seeing the announcement of auditions to be held for BETM at Showtime Performing Arts, William attended. Of course he was well known to the staff at the theatre from his previous classes and the many previous productions he appeared in there.
Once he got the role of Billy, with performances to be alternated with another finalist, Adam Picariello-Heighes, he began rehearsals in late August, 2019. The cast rehearsed over a four week period, three times per week, until the opening on September 21, 2019.
Upon his debut on September 21, 2019, William Moss became the 281st young actor to bring Billy Elliot to life in the musical of the same name, in a professional, regional or community theatre stage production worldwide.
For more information about William, visit: